Review Date : August – September 2009
    Launch Date : September 19 2009
    Racket Type : Yonex ARCSABER Z Slash
    Specs : 3UG4
    Strings: Yonex BG66 Maxima ( Supplied )
    Tension: 30lbs , 1 Piece Stringing
    Stringing Machine : Yonex ESPRO
    Technology : UHMG ( Ultra High Modulus Graphite ), Ultra PEF,
    CS Carbon Nanotube, Super HMG, Light Feel Carbon.
    Grip: Original Grip
    Shuttle Used: Yonex Official

First Impression:

Arcsaber “Z” Slash is probably an Incarnation of some sort from the ARCSABER Series. This Piece of Eye Catching Racket does make me curious. It is an evolution from the previous Arcsaber Models. “Evil Empire” is trying to distinguish this Arcsaber “Z” Slash with the other conventional ARCSABERs that they have made.
    The racket does feel relatively light, solid and most of all its comfortable to handle it maybe because of ergonomics the grip. The Flex is Stiff. And feel a little headlight. The aerodynamics of this racket is finely tuned around the frame. Probably it can cut thru air as to provide faster racket head thus generate more power in smashes. I have been using the ARCSABER 10. In someway I know it is a good racket but somehow I feel that it still lacks of certain ingredients.

Many of us are annoyed with the “tease” as well as looking forward to the next big thing. It may be a good marketing strategy for selling badminton Rackets to those who don’t know about rackets and others may look for an answer of the IT racket in their game. So has Yonex found a way in providing the X Factor in this racket dubbed the “Z Slash”? Will I find an answer here of an ideal ARCSABER? Can we hit a backhand like Taufik? Or will it be just another HooHaa? Well I will just have to find it out myself for the meantime.

Stringing Impression:

It is always easy for a racket to be strung by the latest YOnex ESPROTech Machine. I have an opportunity to have this racket strung twice as the string broke on the 1st time. Racket head does not move much when the string is pulled. And I don’t have to worry that the frame would sink in the metal, well mainly because the grommets are still new. All I can say is that it is very SOLID and make an amateur feel at ease when doing the stringing job.

Warm Ups:

Initial contact was surprisingly easy which surprises me. I immediate feel at ease using the racket for the first minute. Contact with the shuttle during baseline-to-baseline was weird. I was hardly using any power and I felt the shuttle flew faster to the other side. Weight of the racket is evenly balanced when Backhand and underhand serving shots was executed with good amount of control and accuracy. Drives was excellent and I hardly feel any vibration when I do my normal out of sweet spot shots. And when frame shots were done, vibration was not as bad as I expected. Racket cuts thru the air without much Drag.
    I like the repulsion when the smash was done. I had “Bangs” on every smash I made. I feel comfortable and confident using the “Z” when its time to have a serious play. I was telling myself that I’m going to enjoy using the “Z”. I hope it will not disappoint me during actual game play. All I can blame is myself if the results are against me.

Game Time:

It takes some adjustment when doing net plays. Accuracy in the net lacks a little when I do my usual net shots. I would probably have to give it a little push when retrieving shuttles on the net as well as cross net shots. Overall “Z” doesn’t disappoint me in front. Just need to get use to for a while.

The “Z” makes flat drives enjoyable. However at some point it does tire me a little compare to the NS9900 that I’ve used. But the racket performs with great stability during fast flat drives. Grip switch was easy and does not burden my fingers and wrist. That is what I like best.

And when comes to close rapid fire and retrieving smashes, I manage to get some solid stable respond when comes to defending smashes and it was done with consistency and great feel on the placement of shots. Sure make counter attack more fun. One thing I like is that this racket executes smashes with depth and accuracy. It can be the player but the feel is there when the accurate shot was made. I find better access in slice drop with accuracy from the baseline. I enjoyed the power generated by the racket and when the swing weight kicks in, the smash now had the added “bomb” or “punch” to the already powerful smash. Add to that, the “sound” want to make you smash more. The feel during smashing is just superb. Faster swing speed and extra “pump” on the smash sure make this racket a top of it’s class when comes to RAW SMASH POWER.

Conclusion:

I should point out, though, that as an enthusiast, I am being a tough critic on paint job, it could be better in some aspect. But I guess I’m being too hard on this issue as some may say if you can’t play might as well look good in losing.

However I find this piece is carbon well suited for advance level of play and well as a great racket for those who wants an extra edge when comes to Speed and Power. The intermediate and beginners are able to find the sweet spot consistently to execute the potential of this racket in their own terms. The “Z” provides great control, excellent stability and impressive power. It will probably be a hit when time comes for those who wants to get a piece of probably the last line of “ARCSABERs” here. ARCSABER 10 has been a standard for the ARCSABER Series, not only the “Z” improvement blows my mind, it surpasses what the ARC series is all about.

“Z” would be a lethal weapon for those who want more power play in their game. For those who can meet the play criteria of this racket will definitely enjoy its power precision as well as comfort and stability of this racket.
    Well in the end of the few sessions I didn’t manage to execute a backhand ala Taufik but half of it already made me a happy person. I would say every ounce of this racket is definitely worth it. Yonex has again come out with a racket that provides the speed, power, control and feel that would please most serious players.

Now, I guess Yonex would probably need to up their ante in their next release and I can’t wait what is going to come up next.

I would rate this racket in terms of Feel, Control, Power and Defense. However it is based on my own test and review. It may vary depending on the player, tension and what string you use.

Feel: 9.5/10
    Control: 9.5/10
    Power: 10/10
    Defense: 9/10
    Maneuverability: 8.5/10

Pros : All around racket, Great Power and Repulsion, Good Feel.
    Cons: Price

Suitability : Advance/Intermediate. Singles/Doubles racket

Ants

p/s : Initial test was done with BG66 until it snapped. However i edited the whole review when i'm using the new YONEX BG66 MAXIMA string. Have to wait for the string to arrive as well as i was away for business. Therefore it caused the delay of the review. Any delays and inconvenience is much regretted. Meanwhile Enjoy the Review - Ants
    Last edited by sifuyono; 14 Dec 2009 at 19:14.
    Peraturan FTB dan Netiket <== Wajib dibaca
    Posting bermasalah lapor disini <== Jgn terpancing emosi, laporkan postingan bermasalah di sini
    Kritik & Saran <== Tulis Kritik & Saran disini, kritik/saran diluar tempatnya akan kita hapus

I tried this racket for some shoots.
    I managed to have several smashes, and the power is there.
    I Would like to have more time with this weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by h4n5-Ip View Post
    I tried this racket for some shoots.
    I managed to have several smashes, and the power is there.
    I Would like to have more time with this weapon.
    this one "a must buy" on my top list
    still wait for IP code:)
    Posting bermasalah lapor disini <== Jgn terpancing emosi, laporkan postingan bermasalah di sini
    Kritik & Saran <== Tulis Kritik & Saran disini, kritik/saran diluar tempatnya akan kita hapus

^
    Same with me
    I also waiting for IP

Quote Originally Posted by ak1218 View Post
    ^
    Same with me
    I also waiting for IP
    Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    this one "a must buy" on my top list
    still wait for IP code:)
    Don't worry guys.
    As soon as I got it, I will inform you guys.
    Sifuyono is the first waitlist
    second is Ak1218
    ;);)

Don't worry guys.
    second is Ak1218
    ;);)
    I'm waiting your good news Hans

Don't worry guys.
    second is Ak1218
    ;);)
    i pray everyday
    for my slash IP
    hopefully being my cristmas present:)

time is chasing me down until cristmas time..

Then i'll be the third

Peraturan Umum FTB dan Netiket FTB - mari turut serta menjaga agar FTB menjadi tempat diskusi yang nyaman.
    Thread kritik & saran khusus untuk mod/admin - postingan diluar thread ini akan dihapus.
    Thread laporan post bermasalah
    - jangan terpancing emosi, biarkan mod & admin yang menyelesaikan.

TEPOKBULU.COM ! ®

Last nigh have a few shoots with this weapon
    3uG5 Jp code.

can't tell too much.
    what I could feel was lob was made very easy like arch 10.
    I give 9.5
    smash was little bit better than arch 10, even it has small sweet spot, but very easy to generate smashes. this small sweet spot remind me of my AT900P.
    I give 9

not yet tried the net play and defending smashes.
    however with the aerodynamic frame, it felt ease to manuver the racket.

Last nigh also tried Super Dan weapon (N 90), the power is on par with AT700, I give 9.5
    but to lob to base line is quite heavy, I give 8

I haven't get a change to try JP version but I did try a SP before. All I got to say is a very interesting racquet

Quote Originally Posted by ak1218 View Post
    I haven't get a change to try JP version but I did try a SP before. All I got to say is a very interesting racquet
    You right very interesting and tempting.
    but for the price, I have to break my piggy bank

break it quick......

same with me

just make sure, you don't break your boy's piggy bank

Quote Originally Posted by EOS View Post
    just make sure, you don't break your boy's piggy bank
    my kid's piggy bank you meant
    not even enough to buy the string
    " Jangan sampai Pekerjaan mengganggu kegiatan TEPOKBULU"

Trik2 memakai Forum TepokBulu <== lihat disini cara2 memakai forum ini

klik disini ==>H4N5-IP Badminton Store <== klik disini
    Yonex - Victor - Linning
    Raket - Grip - Senar - Gromet dan Lain2

Any news about the IP version???

Hmmmmm, long shaft + small frame head.
    So Z slash is only suitable for advanced player only ?
    Begineer / intermediate player tend to miss hit the shuttlecock often (even with big sized frame head)

Quote Originally Posted by azis View Post
    Hmmmmm, long shaft + small frame head.
    So Z slash is only suitable for advanced player only ?
    Begineer / intermediate player tend to miss hit the shuttlecock often (even with big sized frame head)
    couples of my friend told me it takes time to get use with Z but when you already get use to it the power is amazing

Ops... sorry, i wrote in wrong language

from my experience using this racket, it's very rare for miss hit.
    in fact, i was hit to fast. but i like this racket when i manage to hit on sweet spot.
    Last edited by cokiTukangTepok; 04 Mar 2010 at 11:24. Reason: Ops... sorry, i wrote in wrong language :D

Bro coki,

Ini english forum hehehe, could you translate it to english?
    Salam tepok bulu!

Peraturan Umum FTB dan Netiket FTB - mari turut serta menjaga agar FTB menjadi tempat diskusi yang nyaman.
    Thread kritik & saran khusus untuk mod/admin - postingan diluar thread ini akan dihapus.
    Thread laporan post bermasalah
    - jangan terpancing emosi, biarkan mod & admin yang menyelesaikan.