Thread: Victor Super Wave 37 (SW37)

Default Victor Super Wave 37 (SW37)

SW37 TW 3U G2 total weight = 96.2 grams BP = 287 mm
    Strung with VS850 at 28 lbs
    Last night I played with my new toy. The SW37. The blue monster. I call it a "monster" because it is just as powerful as other "beast" rackets that I've tried before such as AT900P, VT70 and SW35. The problem with all the previous rackets is they are either too head heavy or too stiff... some even both.
    SW37 is medium stiff and even balanced (Balance Point 287 mm) I'll compare it to SW35 with BP 297 mm and very stiff shaft. SW37 is easier to generate power but will not hurt your wrist like SW35 and other head-heavy + extra stiff racket does. So SW37 is more user friendly and forgiving. It will not drain your energy and you will not get tried very fast. But the power it generates is equally great with all those beast racket. How come this be??? I'm also dumb-founded by the fact that and medium stiff and even balanced racket could match SW35 in power department. And this is because of it's unique KP (Kicking Point) unlike other rackets which most of them the KP is near to the cone / handle this blue monster's KP is further to the middle or center of the shaft so it is between frame and handle
    I'll provide more review after using it more at least totally 10 hours of usage I guess one more thing is that general assumption of head heavy and extra stiff racket generates greater power is about to change this is a revolution !!!

by Naim FC
    Not to doubt your judgement or anything, but I have a hard time believing this racket has equal power to some of the other head heavier or stiffer rackets you mentioned. Like all similar things, racket design is a science, and just based on the law of physics, material and form design, such a notion lacks credibility. It could be the case, don't get me wrong. but I have a hard time believing it. That is unless there are other properties significantly changed internally or externally to make up for the differences. Not sure the handle placement alone could warrant it.

Intriguing anyway. But I had read similar posts on the forum about the BS12, and later heard from other users that the racket actually wasn't as powerful as other stiffer or head heavy rackets. But who knows. Maybe it depends on the play style and power of the user himself?

by me
    I have a hard time believing also until I tried it myself

let's take MX80 (BP 292~ 293 mm) for an example against BS10 (BP 295 ~ 296 mm) which is more head heavy
    which one do you find more powerful ???
    it's the MX80 right? MX80 is a new version of BS10 on steroid. it has more muscle without sacrificing the speed
    they both have the same frame design which is diamond shaped
    only the frame profile are different ... octablade versus sword blade

and for another instance SW35 BP is only 296 ~ 297 mm
    compare it to Yonex Volric / Armotec series which BP are 300 mm ++
    now who dare to say that SW35 has got less power than YY Voltric or Armotec series ???

by Naim FC
    Firstly, my MX80 actually has a higher BP than my BS10. But there are other reasons why it is more powerful. As you said, the octo frame (even shaft), it's chunkier and less nimble than the BS10's. Likewise, the SW35's is even more chunky and less aerodynamic than the MX80's (it's also head heavier). Add to that, the MX80 is stiffer than the BS10, likewise, the SW35 is stiffer still than the MX80. So you can see design and science wise, why each of the rackets are different in terms of power and/or speed.

It's not quite the same comparing the SW35 to the SW37, where the technological properties or innovations should I say, are largely the same. If anything, the change from stiff to medium stiff and head heavy to balanced, the opposite would be expected.

Also I disagree about the MX80 not sacrificing any of the speed of the BS10. I think that's just forum banter and hyperbole personally. From my own experience, the BS10 still has the edge in speed, it's just that the MX80 is still fast enough (for me personally) that on court it makes little real world difference. But the BS10 is definitely still quicker. Fastest racket I've personally ever used. What the MX80 loses (only a bit mind) in speed to the BS10 however, it makes up for with a fair degree more power.

by me
    In this comparison between SW37 and SW35 is not about BP or stiffness anymore
    it's more about KP aka Kicking Point (shaft bending point) as I've already mentioned above
    so what I feel is that both racket are equally powerful because of this new technology
    the difference is SW37 is more user friendly and more forgiving

by Naim FC
    Well, I'm certainly intrigued by your findings Jump-smash. Will be interesting to see more user options/reviews on this racket. Another interesting prospect by Victor.

by me
    that's why I said earlier that the general assumption of a head heavy and extra stiff racket generates more power is getting old today.
    it will be history tomorrow as now we found out that rackets power is not just BP and stiffness that counts but there more to it. there are many other aspect that contribute to power dept also
    Last edited by jump_smash; 14 Apr 2011 at 11:51.

Link ke thread saya dari Forum LN

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-37-%28SW37%29

Quote Originally Posted by jump_smash View Post
    care to translate and post it here?
    at least your first post
    Salam tepok bulu!

Peraturan Umum FTB dan Netiket FTB - mari turut serta menjaga agar FTB menjadi tempat diskusi yang nyaman.
    Thread kritik & saran khusus untuk mod/admin - postingan diluar thread ini akan dihapus.
    Thread laporan post bermasalah
    - jangan terpancing emosi, biarkan mod & admin yang menyelesaikan.